Become a TEAL Fellow!
TRANSFORMING EDUCATION THROUGH ACTIVE LEARNING
Delaware State University’s College of Agriculture, Science and Technology invites you to apply to become a TEAL Fellow as part of the Peer Teaching and Learning Program. The Program provides TEAL Fellows a unique opportunity to develop discipline-specific knowledge and complete leadership training through the STEM Leadership Academy, beginning Spring 2020. After completing training, TEAL Fellows become 2020-2021 Peer Tutors and Mentors in introductory STEM courses in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Computer Science.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
We are inviting the brightest and most passionate young leaders to help make a positive change on a larger scale.
As a TEAL FELLOW you will further the HBCU-UP TEAL Initiative by:
- Give something back to CAST
- Help freshmen students
- Provide feedback to your professors
- Share your knowledge and experiences
- Create a supportive community in your major
- Make new friends and connections
- Develop your leadership and interpersonal skills
- Learn about graduate school and your future profession
To apply you must Be a sophomore STEM major
- Have a strong nomination from department faculty
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Have successfully completed 2 semesters of content area courses in your major
Selected TEAL Fellows receive $3000 for completion of the STEM Leadership Academy AND Peer Mentoring Program 2020-2021
The full position description and application can be found on Delaware State University’s Student Employment Site, JobX
Completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted via JobX by 4:30 pm on January 31, 2020.
Dr. Shanetta S. Lillard
Science Building, 125B
slillard [at] desu.edu