Students shall submit an application package to the graduate school. Students applying for the 3 plus 2 BS/MS option must submit their application on/before December 15 of their junior year. All other students must apply to the DSU Graduate School by July 15. International students need to apply by June 30, 2023.
The application package must include the following information:
- Personal statement delineating the student’s professional goals and reasons for seeking the RDN credential.
- Completed course work (Please complete the Prerequisite Courses for Admission form below)
- Official transcripts from all universities where coursework was completed.
- Résumé detailing education, work experience, volunteers and/or research experience, honors/awards and leadership experience.
- Two reference letters. One letter must be from a college professor in a core or science course and one from a person for whom the student worked or volunteered. Please download the Reference Form Template below to give to those who will provide a reference.
After review of the application, the applicant will be formally interviewed by the program director and/or department chair as needed. The purpose of the interview is to determine the applicant’s communication skills, professionalism, maturity, and ability to complete the rigorous CP program successfully.
Upon acceptance to DSU’s Coordinated Program in Dietetics, students will be required to supply evidence of health insurance, a national background check (see program director for specifications), and current immunizations. Most hospitals require a controlled substance test, a flu vaccine, hepatitis B vaccinations, and possible hepatitis A vaccination. Food service facilities typically need a TB test completed within recent months (so wait to do that until needed). Depending on the supervised practice rotation, students may need to obtain additional tests or vaccinations to work in specific healthcare facilities. Some supervised practice sites may require recent drug and/or alcohol testing.