Application and Admission Requirements
Prior to preparing an application, please review the admission requirements carefully. To be considered for admission, you need to submit all required documents. The final transcript after completion of all prerequisite courses must be submitted at least one month prior to the start of the first semester. You apply to Delaware State University’s Graduate School here: https://sgaes.desu.edu/admissions. After receiving your information, the graduate school will submit the documents to the Department of Human Ecology for the selection of the candidates.
- Résumé detailing education, work experience, volunteer experience, honors/awards and leadership experience.
- Personal statement delineating the student’s professional goals and reasons for seeking the RDN credential.
- Evidence of Completed Prerequisite Coursework
- Official transcripts of all coursework from other institutions.
- Three recommendations. Print the Confidential Reference Form below three times. At least one reference should be from a professor in core or science courses and one from a work, practicum, or volunteer position supervisor.
- Overall GPA of 3.0.
- Minimum of “B” grade in all prerequisite food science and nutrition courses.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 in the support science courses with a “C” grade or better in each.
- Evidence of leadership, professionalism, and motivation needed to complete the rigors of the Coordinated Program in Dietetics through a detailed resume.
The CP program will not consider students who do not meet the grade requirements above. Selection for admission is based on the above criteria and is made by the program director and department chair with input from other faculty as needed. The program director will schedule an interview with you as part of the application process.
Prerequisite Courses for Admission
Students applying to the graduate CP must provide evidence of completion of the pre-requisite courses listed below or must complete them as undergraduate credit hours before starting the CP. Please use the table below to confirm that you have completed those courses. The program will use your transcript(s) to verify completion of each course.