Funding your college education, and emerging from the college experience fully prepared for the 21st century STEM workplace, is, by far, one of the most difficult challenges you will face. There are many decisions to make that will potentially impact your future, in a very short amount of time.
You already know that getting good grades is important, but what else does it take to be “competitive” in the current economic climate? What more should you be doing to better position yourself to further your education? What should you be doing to develop professionally, in your field? What scholarships, awards and internships should you actively pursue?
At Delaware State University, your advisor, along with the faculty and staff of the CAST, are part of a TEAM that is ready and willing to advise and help guide you in what the best possible path is for YOU.
Our College offers information on several support programs for students of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) disciplines seeking college funds and research training opportunities:
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities
- AMRC - Applied Mathematics Research Center Research opportunities in applied mathematics, scholarships, enrichment programs (Contact the Mathematical Sciences Dept for details.)
- Graduate Partnership Award - Graduate student tuition and stipend support for individuals pursuing doctoral degrees in select courses of study in biomedical sciences
- OSCAR (Optical Science Center for Applied Research)/CREOSA (Center for Research and Education in Optical Sciences and Applications) Student research program with an emphasis on lasers and optics; scholarships, internships available
- Delaware EPSCoR RII - Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research Student research opportunities in biological and environmental sciences for conducting year-round or summer research working with faculty research mentors in both the College of Agriculture & Related Sciences and the College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology
- Bridge to the Doctorate: Greater Philadelphia AMP - Alliance for Minority Participation in the Sciences Scholarships for graduate/doctoral studies, career preparation, networking opportunities. (Contact Dr. Mazen Shahin for details.)
- HSRC - Hydrogen Storage Research Center Studies in hydrogen storage and ecologically-friendly fuel storage options, scholarships and internships available. (Contact the Chemistry Dept for details.)
- INBRE - Delaware INBRE - IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence Undergraduate and graduate student stipends available in biomedical science-related majors, research opportunities, enrichment programs
- Title III Revitalizing Excellence and Expectations in Mathematics and Science (REEMS) Program - Teaching assistantships for adjuncts, graduate and talented undergraduate students to support students taking STEM gatekeeper courses. By recommendation of chair and graduate director only.
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program - Scholarships to provide financial support to STEM juniors for three (3) years. Concentration must be in teaching K-12 STEM subjects.
- ROTC - Army ROTC/ Air Force ROTC Program Leadership training in preparation for Army, scholarships and stipends available
- Work-study/Financial Aid - Needs-based criteria, based on FAFSA eligibility, as determined by Financial Aid Office*
* Scholarships: Administered through Financial Aid Office