Bizuneh Workie, PhD
College of Agriculture, Science & Technology
Delaware State University
bworkie [at] desu.edu
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (09/1996 -08/1997)
Ph. D. Analytical Chemistry, Tufts University, Medford, MA (1996)
M.S. Chemistry, Tufts University, Medford, MA (1993)
M. S. Chemistry, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (1986)
B.S. Chemistry, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (1982)
- CHEM. 305 Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM. 306 Instrumental Analysis
- CHEM. 507 Molecular Spectroscopy
- CHEM. 630 Electroanalytical Chemistry
My research interests lie in the area of electrochemistry; in particular, electrochemical reductive grafting of diazonium gold (III) salts that may have application in organometallic electrode preparation, grafting polymers, energy storage, and nanoscale patterning; and electrodeposition of alloys and metals that have importance in corrosion protection and catalysis.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Society for Electroanalytical Chemistry (SEAC)
Selected Recent Publications
- “Synthesis of Gold Organometallics at the Nanoscale”, A. Mohamed, S. Neal, B. Atallah, N. AlBab, H. Alawadhi, Hanan Abdou, B. Workie, E. Sahle-Demessie, C. Han, M. Monge, J. Lopez-De-Luzuriaga, J. Reibenspies, and M. Chehimi, J. Organomet. Chem., 2018, 877, 1-11.
- “Gold-carbon nanoparticles mediated delivery of BSA: Remarkable robustness and hemocompatibility”, M. Hammed, I. Ahmady, H. Awadhi, B. Workie, E. Sahle-Demessie, C. Han, M. M. Chehimi, and A. A. Mohamed, Colloids Surf. A Physicochem. Eng. Asp., 2018, 558, 351-358.
- “Photothermal Mirror Method for the Study of Thermal Diffusivity and Thermo-Elastic Properties of Opaque Solid Materials” A. Marcano, G. Gwanmesia, and B. Workie, Int. J. Thermophys., 2017, 38, 1-11.
- “Gold-organic Thin Films from the Reductive Grafting of Diazonium Gold(III) salts”, S. Neal, B. Workie, B. McCandless, and A. Mohamed, Journal of Electroanal. Chem, 2015, 757, 73-79.
- “Electrophoretic Deposition of Aluminum Nitride from its Suspension in Acetylacetone using Iodine as an Additive”, B. Workie, B. E. McCandless, and Z. Gebeyehu, Journal of Chemistry, 2013, 2013, 1- 7.