Admission to the Food and Nutritional Sciences Program does not guarantee admission to DSU’s Coordinated Program in Dietetics, which is limited. Students should apply for admission to the Coordinated Program in the fourth semesters prior to the student’s anticipated date of graduation. This is typically the fall of their junior year and allows students to complete their supervised practice in three semesters and one summer session.
Eligibility requirement for acceptance to the Coordinated Program in Dietetics:
- Students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0.
- Students must obtain a minimum of “B” grade in all core (HMEC or HMT) CP courses.
- Students must maintain an average of a 2.5 GPA or above in their support science courses with a “C” grade or better in each.
- Students must provide evidence of leadership, professionalism, and motivation needed to complete the rigors of the Coordinated Program in Dietetics through a detailed resume.
- If the student is a transfer student, he/she must complete a minimum of 12 hours at DSU before he/she can gain official admission to the CP.
- All transfer students are required to submit 2 letters of recommendation and official transcripts to the program director of the CP for review in addition to the required documentation for admission to Delaware State University.